Content Harry Potter Crossovers

Reviews

erwin posted a comment on Sunday 9th August 2009 3:56pm

Wow what a cliffhager! Please conutinue this story.

erwin posted a comment on Sunday 9th August 2009 2:49pm

Very good story, I am dissapointed that so few highlander fiction excist.

brad posted a comment on Friday 9th January 2009 11:55pm

Again, I think I'm missing stuff that would make this even better if I knew anything about the Highlander universe. Oh well. The Batman's the most important - as well as the eponymous - character of this story, right?

The Batman hit Ryan with some sort of 'beserker' drug, yeah? Good way to have the protagonist win against such overwhelming odds, which is always a good read. Much better way than, say, inventing a new rule of wand lore^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^H quickening out of the air that no-one has ever seen before. :-)

I only watched a few episodes of the several television Highlighander series but it seemed to me that the immortals never really profited by each quickening ... after 45 minutes they'd lop off a head, lots of fireworks ... and then next episode they'd be exactly the same. In this chapter you've got Ryan inheriting 'more than a hundred centuries of power' ... I do hope you show us the repercussions. Does Ryan inherit 'power'? But it's not *physical* power - strength, etc - is it? How about skills and memories? That's more the feel I had when he was facing his adversary here.

Will Ryan be able to beat the Batman in a fight now? Too optimistic? Hold his own for thirty seconds? :-)

I wonder if - should he have any prestige in the immortal community - he can impose his well on his peers/subordinates? "No more killing for a thousand years".

Thanks for the new chapter!

Tammin posted a comment on Friday 9th January 2009 9:53am

This is a well written scene that is reminiscent of the Highlander series as well as the first movie. I enjoyed it greatly and I look forward to reading the next chapter.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Thursday 8th January 2009 7:15pm

Whoa, that's a powerful ending sequence. I'm looking forward to seeing how that power affects him and how he uses it.

Crys posted a comment on Wednesday 7th January 2009 4:33am

Good idea to kill Cassandra while she was trying to control things. Her emotions surely wouldn't help. Ryan's are in barely better shape, but at least it isn't blind hatred.

Damn, you got his parents in it and everything.

Good story on the origin of Immortals.

> Actually taking the offensive was not even in the alphabet.
*laugh* I don't remember making Ryan this snarky, but I rather like the attitude.

> "Got any more advice?" he hissed.
> "Attack faster.
*snicker*

Liked the fight scene. Told us enough that we could "follow" the scene, but not so much to get bogged down. Ryan had a free shot at the unexpected "face to face" moment, but understandably wasn't prepared to take advantage of it.

Damn, that manipulative bastard. Hit Ryan with a dart of adrenaline or some sort of stimulant right when he's in/under the Master's guard.

That flashback moment running concurrent with the timeless moment before the Quickening . . . It was mostly well done. Part of it "greatest of our kind" shook the situation. The flashback notes were from the past, right? But how is "perhaps the greatest of our kind who ever lived" from something Duncan told him years ago . . . discontinuity tripped me up. Not trying to be down on you with that, just pointing out something that I noticed.

Looking forward to the aftermath. Assuming one of the Master's lieutenants doesn't kill Ryan while he's down, anyway.

artenry posted a comment on Wednesday 7th January 2009 2:23am

An interesting set of events...

I presume Batman was responsible, somehow, for Ryan's miraculous victory over the Master?

Anthony May posted a comment on Wednesday 7th January 2009 12:48am

What an excellent story. I truly enjoyed the cross-over with The Batman and the Highlander...who'd of thought it? Obviously someone with a great imagination and the skill to capture it on paper with the words just flowing. Thank you!

scott2 posted a comment on Tuesday 6th January 2009 10:42pm

...Awesome... :)

liquidfyre posted a comment on Tuesday 6th January 2009 9:38pm

oh holy SHIT

DAMN good story and damn good chapter PLEASE dont let it go so long without an update again this is the first highlander fan fic i have ever read and one of the best stories period

Erik Wiggins posted a comment on Thursday 7th February 2008 8:09pm

Oh my, I can't believe you've ended it here - great story! Are you going to continue this? I sure hope so. What a strange but wonderful cross-over The Dark knight & Highlander. Thank you.

razor_M posted a comment on Sunday 19th August 2007 1:08pm

Bugger, bugger, bugger. I hate cliffies. I really do. This is a cool story, so please consider continuing it.
-Razor

brad posted a comment on Saturday 31st March 2007 3:45am

I read - and enjoyed - this weeks ago, but my computer was in the midst of being rebuilt (lots of fun with a hitherto unknown bug in a ten-year-old application which deleted *ALL* the files on my machine) so it was hard to review.

This is the only fanfic I'm reading which features Highlander immortals (I've skimmed some of Crys's work a while ago) and I continue to enjoy how you're crossing it over so neatly with Batman. It's still great fun to have you/Batman show me some of the neat twists possible with immortality, even down to the 'real' sword lesson - 'without having to worry about ... even killing his opponent' - with lethal blows. 'Ryan estimated that he had died more often in the past couple of hours than he had in his entire life'. Heh.

I don't know who Cassandra is, but I'm looking forward to the next chapter ... I guess they going to be faced with the Big Bad himself?

robster72 posted a comment on Wednesday 7th February 2007 4:14am

Great stuff! I do like the way you write the Batman and I'm looking forward to seeing who this immortal character is!

Michael5 posted a comment on Tuesday 30th January 2007 2:18pm

This is an amazing cross-over. thanks for this storyline, I look forward to more...

Michael D, LA, CA

David posted a comment on Friday 26th January 2007 7:29pm

Hey Im a new reader, names David, your story is cool as hell.

Patches posted a comment on Wednesday 17th January 2007 1:36pm

A very good chapter but, a cliffy! Thanks for writing. I look forward to the next update. pms

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Wednesday 17th January 2007 10:24am

Definitely getting to be an interesting crossover with a nice touch of humor. I'm enjoying same. ;)

aemon_targaryen posted a comment on Wednesday 17th January 2007 1:34am

I love that you're continuing this story. I understand that writing time is at a premium with the new addition to the family, so I thought you had gone on hiatus for a while. I love how you have Chessman intimidated by the Batman-it provides balance to the mortal/Immortal relationship. I don't remember Cassandra that well from the series-she's had some past dealings with Methos and the Four Horsemen, yes? I'm curious to see who the leader of this Immortal cabal is-is he an original character? I look forward to reading more whenever you can find time to write it.

Rob posted a comment on Thursday 21st September 2006 3:59am

Great stuff again! Loved this line -
"The Gotham Police Commissioner has faced down several different aliens, dozens of insane psychopaths with advanced technology and ideological fanatics of every kind. Trust me when I say that the knowledge of a race of Immortals living among mortals hardly registered on his weird-o-meter."

Terrific action sequences and a good way to see how the Batman and his clan can take them down.

Also many congratulations on the baby!