Content Harry Potter Crossovers

Reviews

mathiasgranger posted a comment on Tuesday 18th March 2008 10:50am

Please someone kill Ginny...and goodness is Hermione some kind of a sick voyeur? Good grief...

~Matt

Rexnos posted a comment on Tuesday 19th February 2008 5:36pm

Wow... A very impressive piece overall. Between this piece and it's prequel, I've been occupied almost not stop for the past two days...

Anyway, I love finding dark, realistic and mature HP fan fiction. You've done a great job here and I can't praise you enough... Though I'll bitch that you've stopped updating Journeyman Potter... I loved that piece...

Regardless, I hope you do come back and read this review at some point, and even more hope that you finish Journeyman Potter... Aside from Ginny's fate, I was completely satisfied from this piece... I hate even partially unhappy endings... Technically she deserved it, but I do like to see forgiveness in the end.

Rex

P.S. - Thanks for making Dumbledore human and failable. It's one of Rowling's quirks I dislike. To his death, Dumbledore is utterly perfect...

David M. Potter posted a comment on Wednesday 6th February 2008 5:49pm

Brilliant set of fics. BRAVO!

zxcvb posted a comment on Friday 18th January 2008 12:35pm

Wow, this fic was truly a breath of fresh air. Not only because this is one of the few decent Harry/Cho stories I have ever found, but also it seems that you wrote this before the 5th book came out, so there is no prophesy, and Harry isn't "destined" to defeat Voldemort, and there is no figuring out what the "power the Dark Lord knows not" is. That alone makes this story very unique.

I must add, too, that your action and fighting scenes are some of the best I have ever read, providing enough vivid details without being confusing or boring the reader by slowing down the pace. That delicate balance is incredibly difficult to achieve.

bookaholic_au posted a comment on Sunday 30th December 2007 6:58pm

I must admit I am normally no fan of Harry/Cho relationships - I feel that Cho is a rather two dimensional character, but the same could be said of most of the possible matches. The way you have done things, while progressing really well from infatuated to dating leaves a little to the imagination about how dating becomes serious. That said, this is one of the best fanfiction romances that I've ever read and am very glad I decided to give it a try.

iluvchocs posted a comment on Tuesday 16th October 2007 12:19pm

This was a great story - and I love that both of Harry's kidsa re Parselmouths xD

Fenris Ulf posted a comment on Friday 7th September 2007 8:05pm

This story set was very enjoyable. Harry and Cho seem to be perfect for each other and the two pheonix animagi worked out well. Thanks for such a great story!

Rob

ohnuu posted a comment on Wednesday 5th September 2007 2:13am

The day after I read this story's prequal, Betrayal of the Best Kind, I began on this one. I believe most has been said about your writing abilities in my earlier review, but once again, I applaud your literary finesse. With less fighting and funky gizmos than in BotBK, you have instead let the first half of the story rotate around relationships and character development without becoming overly mushy or repetitive. The climax with the demon was sweet and ended smoothly, something I find hard to achieve.

I would point out that in this story, you have not truly criminalised any of the original good guys. In other words, you brought out the best traits in every character except for, of course, Voldy and his Death Eaters. Harry's impatience was minimalised, Cho's weeping was effectively removed, Hermione's know-it-all attitude never showed it's face, Dumbledore's manipulations were vastly scaled down, etc. Apart from misjudgment regarding Harry's "crime", of course. Nothing wrong there, just wanted to point out a style in your writing.

You also ended perfectly with a heart-warming family feel. I am truly sad that this story, containing a whole arsenal of emotions, has ended. You have contained betrayal, sacrifice, bitterness and merriment all in this story. Truly great.

skulLXeon posted a comment on Friday 27th July 2007 12:07am

Well, i gotta say... this was a most amusing story to read. I give you thanks for bringing it into the light of day and i'll see you around....
=D

SLX

Zane Wyrick posted a comment on Saturday 7th July 2007 8:11pm

Oh my.

Zane Wyrick posted a comment on Saturday 7th July 2007 6:50pm

Uh-oh.
But otherwise great.

TA posted a comment on Wednesday 20th June 2007 7:28pm

I have to express my deep and utter disgust that you would even implythat Lily Potter would ever date Snape. You're even considering that she was his lover and I disagree completely.

Energeezer posted a comment on Sunday 27th May 2007 2:25pm

I read your stories over and over again. It's amazing. I like the fact that Harry doesn't end up with Ginny or Hermione, and he and Dudley are on good terms.

noylj posted a comment on Wednesday 23rd May 2007 6:32pm

The only bad thing is the stupidity of getting rid of capital punishment. They know that, with magic, a prison is little more than a revolving door to the next Dark Lord, and they eliminate the only effective way of eliminating Dark forces from the world? Stupid.

noylj posted a comment on Tuesday 22nd May 2007 11:24pm

Cho is a basket case. Ginny is a bitch, and Hermy is a nosey, insufferable know-it-all. Maybe Harry could get to know Susan?? The Patil twins might be fun, but they couldn't live Harry's life either. I would vote for Tonks or Fleur, but only Tonks could handle Harry's life and you gave her to the werewolf, if I remember correctly. It is too bad that Cho doesn't just accept Harry's life and the fact that a lot of it is out of his control and think about the fact that whether she is with him or not, his death would still tear her apart...so she should get all the happines she can and support him.
Oh well, logic never has worked well with most women.

GknightS posted a comment on Saturday 12th May 2007 10:11am

lol snape in love with Lily, that's the biggest bull shit i have ever heard, actually, Lily in love snape is the biggest bull shit. At that time Snape was willingly following Voldemort, Lily is a "mudblood" snape wouldn't fall in love with her. Because Snape's fondmental beliefs are hatred for mudbloods and half bloods. you can't love someone if you hate them from the bottom of your heart, because through hatred comes rash actions. No matter how "angelic" you believe Lily to be, i don't think she's THAT forgiving and selfless. The world isn't a fantasy.. It is covered in hatred, and those who hate others will never grow to like another unless they are forced to know the other, because when you look at someone you hate your opinions and judgement is already biased.

noylj posted a comment on Thursday 4th January 2007 4:42pm

Nice story. Too bad about Snape, Draco, and Dumbles still being around.

noylj posted a comment on Thursday 4th January 2007 12:49am

What??? You could have killed the little ferret and he is still alive?
Please, you aren't going to try to make us believe that he is redeemable, are you?

noylj posted a comment on Wednesday 3rd January 2007 11:57pm

I see your DoubleDumb is still as afraid of the truth as JKR's. What a sad way to live. Of course...either the truth comes out or none of it comes out. How many witnesses are there?
I love the fact that DoubleDumb once again throws Harry under the bus. The thing is, I think that you have canon!DoubleDumb almost perfect. He just isn't quite as evil as in canon...well, maybe he is. You still need to kill Draco, Snape, DoubleDumb, Peter, and Moldie. The world will be a better place without any of them in it.

TxA_GunFighter posted a comment on Tuesday 21st November 2006 9:48am

Outstanding, very good story and well written.

gunny