Content Harry Potter Crossovers

Reviews

Rob posted a comment on Thursday 21st September 2006 3:59am for Hunters hunting Hunters

Great stuff again! Loved this line -
"The Gotham Police Commissioner has faced down several different aliens, dozens of insane psychopaths with advanced technology and ideological fanatics of every kind. Trust me when I say that the knowledge of a race of Immortals living among mortals hardly registered on his weird-o-meter."

Terrific action sequences and a good way to see how the Batman and his clan can take them down.

Also many congratulations on the baby!

brad posted a comment on Saturday 16th September 2006 2:33pm for Hunters hunting Hunters

Good chapter. I'm continuing to enjoy very much how you infuse immortality into the details of each battle, it's all very clever.

I don't like very much this 'ability to breathe underwater'. Bleh. If you shoot an immortal, does he become unvulnerable to bullets? If you gas him, does he become impervious to (inhaled) poison? No, I believe, to both questions. It doesn't make sense. I understand it's canon - I remember the scene from the movie - but I just don't think that fits into their whole immortality thing.

The other big attraction of this story, of course, is the whole crossover thing with Batman. Batgirl's battle (with Damien in your previous tale?) was excellent, as I recall, really highlighting the advantages immortality would lend one in a fight against a mortal.

In any case, 'chipping' the immortals - in the neck, to make removal 'life threatening' - is bloody clever too. Maybe with a small explosive charge to guarantee that it couldn't be removed, no matter how carefully?

Good chapter/story!

Sonicdale posted a comment on Tuesday 29th August 2006 9:17am for Hunters hunting Hunters

The plot thickens.
Very, very good.
The beginning of the chapter was a bit abrupt - but as I read, I thought it worked well.

One BIG problem though.
Crys went to great lengths to make sure that Ryan's equipment made it through a Quickening. Cell phone, pistols. Chessman survives a few Quickenings here that would have melted a cell and a pistol - according to his "canon" Ryan Chessman Chronicles. I'm not sure if you've missed it or if part of Ryan's training is to drop the pistol and cell before the Quickening hits.

Just a thought.
Good work.

aemon_targaryen posted a comment on Monday 28th August 2006 11:14pm for Hunters hunting Hunters

Absolutely Classic! I love the twist at the end.

Nice writing of action-very visceral.

As always, eager to read more.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 28th August 2006 10:09pm for Hunters hunting Hunters

A delightful read, well worth the wait. Besides, "The Gotham Police Commissioner has faced down several different aliens, dozens of insane psychopaths with advanced technology and ideological fanatics of every kind. Trust me when I say that the knowledge of a race of Immortals living among mortals hardly registered on his weird-o-meter." is way too good a line to miss.