Content Harry Potter Crossovers

Reviews

brad posted a comment on Saturday 16th September 2006 2:33pm

Good chapter. I'm continuing to enjoy very much how you infuse immortality into the details of each battle, it's all very clever.

I don't like very much this 'ability to breathe underwater'. Bleh. If you shoot an immortal, does he become unvulnerable to bullets? If you gas him, does he become impervious to (inhaled) poison? No, I believe, to both questions. It doesn't make sense. I understand it's canon - I remember the scene from the movie - but I just don't think that fits into their whole immortality thing.

The other big attraction of this story, of course, is the whole crossover thing with Batman. Batgirl's battle (with Damien in your previous tale?) was excellent, as I recall, really highlighting the advantages immortality would lend one in a fight against a mortal.

In any case, 'chipping' the immortals - in the neck, to make removal 'life threatening' - is bloody clever too. Maybe with a small explosive charge to guarantee that it couldn't be removed, no matter how carefully?

Good chapter/story!

Sonicdale posted a comment on Tuesday 29th August 2006 9:17am

The plot thickens.
Very, very good.
The beginning of the chapter was a bit abrupt - but as I read, I thought it worked well.

One BIG problem though.
Crys went to great lengths to make sure that Ryan's equipment made it through a Quickening. Cell phone, pistols. Chessman survives a few Quickenings here that would have melted a cell and a pistol - according to his "canon" Ryan Chessman Chronicles. I'm not sure if you've missed it or if part of Ryan's training is to drop the pistol and cell before the Quickening hits.

Just a thought.
Good work.

aemon_targaryen posted a comment on Monday 28th August 2006 11:14pm

Absolutely Classic! I love the twist at the end.

Nice writing of action-very visceral.

As always, eager to read more.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 28th August 2006 10:09pm

A delightful read, well worth the wait. Besides, "The Gotham Police Commissioner has faced down several different aliens, dozens of insane psychopaths with advanced technology and ideological fanatics of every kind. Trust me when I say that the knowledge of a race of Immortals living among mortals hardly registered on his weird-o-meter." is way too good a line to miss.

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Saturday 8th July 2006 5:08am

Jeez, that was cool. Damn now I can't wait to see what happens at the gotham city party so to speak. Excellent setup work so far with the vamps/immortals and whats going on. Interesting on the lack of coven in Gotham but not suprising. Cheers!

Todd Rodgers posted a comment on Wednesday 5th July 2006 7:10am

I really do like how you've taken on the backstory of Crys' Ryan Chessman set and started to expand it (with this section, especially). It's a nice follow-up to your original Batman/Highlander crossover as well.

Mordecai posted a comment on Tuesday 4th July 2006 12:54pm

Liked this chapter, hope you update faster next time, and that you update your otehrs fics soon as well

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Tuesday 4th July 2006 4:54am

Damn sweet chapter, excellent job with Ryan's taking of the jerk's head, very amusing really. I thought they were in some serious trouble. New trick for the other immortals there to try and wow, poor Jen! Can't wait to see how they hit the ground running in bat-land. Cheerio!

aemon_targaryen posted a comment on Monday 3rd July 2006 8:40pm

I enjoy this story tremendously-but I feel the need to nitpick. The whole "controlling the quickening" thing bugs me, as it seems very AU-ish, but then again I'm not a Highlander expert. The character Ryan Chessman and his vampire wife bug me a little as well-I understand that they're not your characters, but they have the feel of a bit of authorial insertion into that universe-I guess it feels somewhat Mary-Sue-ish. I do like the idea of a long-"dead" Immortal being released from his tomb and wreaking havoc. To make an analogy-in the "Vampire-the Masquerade" universe there are some truly ancient vampires who have removed themselves from the world, but would have unbelievable powers if they ever awoke(I think-I only have passing familiarity with this 'verse.) And Batman always lends himself well to crossovers for some reason-I guess because despite his very human origins, he's forged himself into something more primarily with sheer will(and lots of money!). Anyways-I hope to read more soon, and hope this meandering review makes some sense.

brad posted a comment on Tuesday 30th May 2006 3:14am

I don't think a notification e-mail message went out for this chapter; I was quite surprised when I saw the new release date when scanning ffa.net by chance. FYI.

Having never read much Highlander stuff before I'm really getting a kick out of this new territory. Like the horrible mistreatment the three hunters were given - dropped from a tall building, split almost in two (what if he'd actually been separated into two pieces? What happenes if an immortal loses an arm? Does he have to try and attach it, connect it back to his body for it to heal?), Jennifer crushing one's skull ... ugh. Did you have fun writing this? :-)

Good fight scene ... wondering why the third hunter seems so confident that he can take on the others. Wondering if you're going to have Jen take this one on? But would the third's death then be wasted, no quickening to pass on?

Crys posted a comment on Thursday 25th May 2006 4:16pm

Uh, oh. Ryan and Connor need to team up to take on Idiot the Third? Though having a fully healthy (and very protective) vampire on their side will definitely help. Wonder if they'll let her drain this one?

Gallandro, Jen and Ryan are indeed my characters from years ago as MagyarEagle mentioned. I've since started writing in the HP-verse but still have a soft spot in my heart for not only Ryan but also Thian from my earlier writings.

Before Draco started this story, he asked for my blessing on using the characters. I cheerfully gave it to him, as I'm a fan of his writing as well.

Definitely looking forward to more chappies, Draco!

Rob posted a comment on Wednesday 24th May 2006 6:16am

Very well written! I did like Batman's leaving the voice recording of Bruce Wayne. That certainly fooled me. Also the Bruce Wayne and Alfred was very Jeeves and Woosterish (which is good). I look forward to the next chapter!

MagyarEagle posted a comment on Tuesday 23rd May 2006 4:02pm

Gallandro, Ryan Chessman and Jennifer Frost are from the Chessman Chronicals by Crys, whose writings can be found at http://crys.fanficauthors.net/
which I highly reccomend.
Draco, I loved this chapter. You capture the personality of Connor perfectly, and I love your characterization. Your previous Batman/Highlander fic was one of the most enjoyable that I have ever read, and I love the way this sequal is currently going. Please don't make us wait this long for the next chapter.
B. Szoke
The MagyarEagle

gallandro_83 posted a comment on Monday 22nd May 2006 5:43pm

Where did the Ryan Chessman charcter come from. The only chessman I know of is the hp writer?

Also I was wondering if Mcloud had found something out which made the whole Batman/Wayne illusion less than complete. I ask because Batman had disabled the lights I had thought and the scene happened as Connor looked into the switchbox.

gallandro

Patches posted a comment on Tuesday 11th April 2006 12:59pm

Ok, this is way AU. I like it though. Please continue. I will check in on it soon. Thanks for writing. pms

Mordecai posted a comment on Wednesday 5th April 2006 7:28am

i don't usually read Highlander fics, or Batman ones, but I like this one so far, keep it up, but do try and update Journeyman Potter soon please.

erin5 posted a comment on Wednesday 29th March 2006 7:52am

Well written, and very catching. I'm afraid that I'm not familiar enough with the highlander storyline to catch everything. (I get the basic: immortals, can only be killed by beheading them, if one immortal kills another he gains the fallen's energy/force/power, etc.) That's pretty much from listening to my big brother talk about it. There is probably some significance to elements in the chapter that are over my head. Still - it's a very good read.

brad posted a comment on Friday 10th March 2006 7:50pm

I used to be really wrapped in the Forever Knight TV show, way back when. It's a pleasure to revisit it again via your story, and the vampire details at the start of this chapter was a great start to the chapter.

Otherwise the melding of Batman with the other two universes is fascinating, seeing how he adapts to these supernatural foes with his gadgets and - heh - interrogation practices.

You've got me demanding to know more about the mystery foe, but of course you meant to do that, given how you finished the chapter!

Uldihaa posted a comment on Wednesday 8th March 2006 5:41pm

Woo hoo! Another story in your Batman/Highlander universe. I absolutly loved "The Edge of a Blade" and I'm very pleased to see another story set in that universe. I can't wait to see more of this story and watch a once again Batman and Connor. I sense several extra-large cans of whup-ass approaching :)

Technical points (for both stories): Spelling and grammar are perfect. Pacing is excelent and characters are very solid. Your action scenes are great, easily allowing a reader to picture the action in their minds. Dialoge flows naturally and smoothly, adding a very 'real' feel to the characters. Very, very well written.

Looking forward to more of this great fic.

Malaskor posted a comment on Monday 6th March 2006 1:18pm

Curious... I wonder who that "Bruce Wayne" is with Batman being in the room...
I'm looking forward to finding out more about the mysterious immortal and also about the changed Rules (and if that has something to do with the 3 "visitors" Connor got).

Keep it up and thanks for sharing