Content Harry Potter Crossovers

Reviews

brad posted a comment on Thursday 20th March 2008 3:44am for Sirius Plagiarism

Whew! Much as I enjoyed the last chapter of Journeyman I enjoyed these two chapters of Master Potter even more. I guess partly because it felt good to see Harry discover a new 'power' ... an ability that seems nicely matched to, a logical extension of, his known skill of 'pushing'. And I've always been a superhero/comic fan, so have always liked the stories where Harry is just that little bit more powerful than, or has an edge over, the rest of the magical world. When Rowling came out with the prophecy in OotP I thought that was the mechanism she was going to use to justify some such plot herself. Instead the last two books firmly established that the 'hero' was just a fairly adequate wizard, nothing special, bumbling around by instinct and a mighty convenient mental connection to the dark lord that told him what to do. Grmmmph.

Oh. Right. 'Master Potter' by Draco. Sorry.

So, Harry can 'pull' magical energy out of surrounding wards or other magical fields (like the age line) but otherwise, no? Viz when he's outside the Azkaban wards on the high seas. So I guess that's consistent with your model of wizards generating the magic from within themselves, rather than absorbing it from elsewhere. So Harry can't 'charge' himself up unless he's in the presence of some magical construct, or being cursed (!).

Gooddescription of Azkban and how it works; enjoyed the idea of 'magic sapping' wards along with the known dementors. With those and the age line I felt Harry's desperation keenly, and couldn't work out how he could escape either.

Hmmm, not sure what I think about Harry's ability to kill dementors. His 'pushing' ability really *is* much like a wandless banishing charm, as Fudge said, isn't it? Even Harry granted that they were pretty much the same thing. So why haven't other wizards worked out that to kill a dementor ... all you've got to do is push their face in? It seems to be a purely physical treatment here that shows that a Dementor's skull would seemingly be vulnerable to a banishing spell, a reducto curse, levitating a rock at high speed into it, et cetera?

I understand that Harry focused on a really small cross-section of the face, thus managing to exert a relatively large force over the small area, but still, his success should be possible for other wizards to emulate?

I'm *really* keen to know what Harry's "plan to change the world" is. "A plan to terrorise them so that their own actions proved just how stupid their beliefs were". I remember that quick drabble you wrote where Harry and his contemporaries take over the Wizengamot ... looks like you've got something like that in mind for Master Potter? Anyway, *really* curious about this idea of Harry's that he's going to 'refine'. As well as looking forward to the snobs and bad guys getting their comeuppance.

Fudge must pay.

I was a bit taken aback when the battlefield was described as being 'littered with dead and near-dead bodies' ... this is serious stuff!! Harry's used an 'unforgivable', Fudge *must* pay for what he's done, guards and prisoners dead ... yoiks. I feel like you're playing for the big stakes in this third novel of yours.

The romantic in me must applaud the ending; after all that action it was a very welcome coda to the chapter, leaving me fully satisfied. Although I'm wondering, of course, where Hermione is!?!??!! Fainted at the imposter's bedside? Is Harry going to stick with her as well as Blaise? Arrrgh!!

But a nice page with Blaise and her reaction to Harry's loss and then his presence :-)

sanghamitra posted a comment on Wednesday 19th March 2008 8:01am for Sirius Plagiarism

Potter gets an idea. This is going to be Fun !!

brianjt posted a comment on Tuesday 18th March 2008 8:41pm for Sirius Plagiarism

I like the start of this story. The fallout of the Escape from Askaban could be interesting but it looks like this is shaping up to be a Harry vs the Wizarding world. Looking forward to seeing Harry's plan unfold.

Brian JT

smog2187 posted a comment on Tuesday 18th March 2008 4:16pm for Sirius Plagiarism

A great chapter. The only negative thing is that it sometimes seems like Harry's knows what is going to happen (most of the time) and has prepared accordingly but other than that detail it was a great read.

cwejr posted a comment on Tuesday 18th March 2008 6:55am for Sirius Plagiarism

Wow. That was great. May I have some more, please?

I enjoy your writing and am looking forward to the next chapters, the sooner, the better. But I understand, sometimes other things have to come first, like family, or job, or studying...

I appreciate your efforts at keeping me entertained. ;)

It took me a while to determine who was talking; the title was a good distraction.

My compliments on your skill at creating hooks so early in the story. I just had to keep on reading. It was impossible to put down...

Regards,

cwejr

biged78 posted a comment on Tuesday 18th March 2008 5:50am for Sirius Plagiarism

Good story, can't wait for more.

morriganscrow posted a comment on Tuesday 18th March 2008 5:29am for Sirius Plagiarism

Wonderful chapter!
The discovery he can pull as well as push gives Harry a real kicker in his arsenal.
I do so hope Fudge really gets his just desserts soon.
The escape was very exciting and Harry's reunion with Blaise satisfying.

MarinePotterfan posted a comment on Tuesday 18th March 2008 3:11am for Sirius Plagiarism

Fudge is in some deep crap now, Harry is alive and he has Fudge's wand.

MPF

Wolfric posted a comment on Tuesday 18th March 2008 1:04am for Sirius Plagiarism

A fine chapter. I think the escape was very well plotted. I am most interested to see what Zab and Blaise have to say about all of this and the unfolding of Harry's plan for reforming or deconstructing the magical world. Thanks so much for writing. W.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Monday 17th March 2008 5:27pm for Sirius Plagiarism

*laughs* Ohh, Fudge is going to regret, even more than he already is, messing with Mr. Potter. I daresay that Mistress Zambini is going to be quite upset at the treatment he received and decide to do something punative about it (insert Kipling quote about the more dangerous sex here). I do like the way Harry managed to break out and escape and I *really* like the fact that he managed to cover it with a prison break. I wonder how soon they'll realize the full extent of what happened to the wards and what that means? Of course, I'm certain the dementors will have some interesting news to communicate, too. I wonder if they'll end up snacking on Fudge now he doesn't have the ring?

Minerva Granger posted a comment on Monday 17th March 2008 5:18pm for Sirius Plagiarism

Wow. Wonderful. COngratulations on getting Harry free so masterfully. Now, what happens next, and when does Harry get to kick the crap out of Fudge for being an idiot? And when does Harry get to show the Wizard world that he's fine?

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Monday 17th March 2008 3:57pm for Sirius Plagiarism

Well, Harry at least made a huge mess for Fudge that will likely cost him his job at Azkaban. It should be interesting to see what Harry cooks up for actual payback. Does this mean we finally get a resolution to the whole Harry/Hermione saga next chapter? Great job, thank you.

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Monday 17th March 2008 2:49pm for Sirius Plagiarism

Good part, and now that Harry has made it back, I hope that Hermione will visit him and the two of them will make up more, as well as with Blaise, who looked heart-broken. That was a heck of a battle at the island, and showed that Harry is willing and ready to do what he has to do to win, though interesting to see that Percy wasn't as weak-willed as he seems in some fics, if he was able to try and stand against Harry's Imperious.

DaZZa posted a comment on Monday 17th March 2008 2:36pm for Sirius Plagiarism

Nice chapter - good to see you're back writing again after your little bundle of joy. :-) I just love seeing Fudge (and Percy!) getting their comeuppance!

Oh, and there appears to be an issue with the "Previous" and "Next" links in the chapter list for this story.

Bedrup posted a comment on Monday 17th March 2008 2:03pm for Sirius Plagiarism

Lovely chapter. Münchausen riding a boat.

iluvchocs posted a comment on Monday 17th March 2008 1:29pm for Sirius Plagiarism

Huzzah for updatedness XD Great job on this chapter; I love Harry's attitude to finally escaping.

riegert8 posted a comment on Monday 17th March 2008 11:02am for Sirius Plagiarism

Very good chapter, if Harry is consider dead to the public. How would they reacted when they find out he is still alive but lock away. I still think that Hermione has some work to do to fix her relationship with Harry

Gardengirl posted a comment on Monday 17th March 2008 10:24am for Sirius Plagiarism

Ab fab! I loved it. Creative thinking is always essential, and your Harry does it beautifully.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Monday 17th March 2008 10:22am for Sirius Plagiarism

Yay! He escaped.

Very exciting escape, too. Very good chapter. Looking forward to his revenge on the wizarding world.

Thanks.

Tom A.

Kingsley posted a comment on Monday 17th March 2008 9:51am for Sirius Plagiarism

Killing Dementors. That sound like fun. A cool power to have.