Content Harry Potter Crossovers

Reviews

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd July 2008 8:08am for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

Nice part, but a bit sad that H/Hr looks to be kaput. I was hoping the two of them could make it work with Blaise, and also sad top hear about what Croaker caused, and here's hoping that when it comes back on him, that he pays, and pays nicely for his deeds.

tony s posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd July 2008 5:25am for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

Like the new chapter. So H/Hr broke up eh? What are the chances they get back together later cuz Blaise misses her?

35437 posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd July 2008 4:23am for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

very good chapter, I think everyone complaining about him tossing unforgivables around should remember hes just been in Azkaban. Love the Fawlty Towers reference

Stonebrow posted a comment on Wednesday 2nd July 2008 12:03am for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

I like this story a lot, and I'm always excited when I see an update, but this time I came away somewhat unhappy. Two other reviewers had the main points, but I want to restate them.
The Hermione plot seemed odd from the start. I approve of having troubled relationships, otherwise it's boring. But the way you did it made Hermione and Harry both appear out of character.
Everything after that seemed okay. Him stalling any confrontation and so on, Blaise's reaction, and even him calling it off seems believable.
But, Damn it, between wishing they could stay together, and the silly dues ex machina way Hermione went temporarily insane, it really sucks to read them breaking up. Plus, threesomes are just fun to read about.
Also, I expected Fudge's suicide to be either a big mistake, which would lead to wacky hijinks ®, or an unfortunate accident. As much as I love reading kick-ass!Harry, him planning to make fudge dead one way or another just doesn't seem like the Harry you've made him.
Blowing up some one's home? Sure. But the Fudge thing lacked the innate style your Harry has.
Anyway, I do enjoy the story and look forward to more.

morriganscrow posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 9:30pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

That was a lovely read, with many chunks of juicy politics to chew over.
I thought the scenes with Hermione were handled very well, and Croaker is going to rue the day he gave her that shit of a potion.
Love the Twins, as always, and Ron was a hoot.

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 7:29pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

"Blaise however, had only involved by proxy..." -> had only been involved

"give a stuff"? Is that a common phrase in your part of the world? It sounds very weird to my ear.

"...make a decision that would to alienate one of you..." -> would alienate

Good chapter, thanks for sharing it with us.

brad posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 7:28pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

Sigh. Ah well. RIP H/Hr. :-(

I really enjoyed how you had Harry & Hermione get together back in Apprentice Potter. Given how you wanted to make Harry smarter as one of the key themes of your trilogy I thought having Hermione suddenly see her best friend a whole new way was clever and amusing. A pity things turned out the way they did, although I fully appreciate Harry's wisdom on how his former arrangement with the two of them was unstable and could never last.

Although ... I was quite taken aback, honestly, on reading the first few pages of this chapter. Harry and Blaise had cold-bloodedly set out with the goal of eliminating Fudge, one way or the other! If he hadn't taken his own life then they were actually going to *murder* him. I'm not liking this turn in your Harry at all, actually, and I'm starting to think my Hermione is well off without him! With this chapter I quite understood her concern about Harry turning into a murderer.

Just wanting to understand the details before I put - sigh - H/Hr to bed for good ... they said they still love each other; Harry's basically choosing not to get back together because of Blaise (which I quite understand); so why was he, earlier, "pretty sure [that he] didn't want Hermione to be the mother of [his] children"? If he still loves her? Purely because that would force the unstable Trio to continue, his reason for not picking things up with her?

Sad to hear of Hermione's miscarriage, although I can quite understand Harry's hidden relief at same. I am looking forward to Croaker's punishment (although I doubt he knew that Hermione was pregnant? Wonder if Harry will ask him under veritaserum "would it have mattered?"?).

Well, I leave this chapter a bit worried about Harry; he's seriously murdering people, casting unforgiveables around as if they're nothing. I know his opponents are equally as callous, and deserve everything they're going to get, but ... hmmm.

fallingmonkey3 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 7:27pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

Nice chapter Draco664. So the will's going to be publicly read anyway, even though the Gobs know Harry isn't dead and he specifically asked them not to read it? Sucks. Nice job with the boom-booms though. Great chapter!

DomaDragoon posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 6:39pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

Given that I now hate every single one of the main characters in this story, I think I'm done with this one. Just not my cup of tea.

Rexnos posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 5:46pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

Very nice. I'm a little disappointed that Hermione and Harry broke up, but I've never really seen a good Harry/Hermione story anyway. They're typically so worried about their friendship that they're never spontaneous or unpredictable. They plan everything out to the point that their relationship is simply boring.

Can't wait for the next chapter. I need to go back and re-read this one. I feel like I'm getting a little lost in all the political hub-bub... Still, your politics might help me figure out how I'm going to work with mine. I hate politics...

Tom's Marvelous Giggle indeed,
Rex

Merle Corey posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 5:06pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

Your characters are some of the most realistic and complex that I can recall. Perhaps there is still some information to be presented in the Harry-Hermione story that will shed light on it. It does not make sense as it stands, at least to me. I cannot recall ever learning Hermione's reasons for flipping out at Snape's death. It was an awkward, forced scene with a totally uncharacteristic slip of the mouth from Harry, and has been an awkward story line ever since. Hopefully Hermione will recover some of her character.

When did Hermione find out about the potion? Why did noone, especially healer trainee Blaise suspect something like this?

Blaise and Harry, good people being 'forced' to do bad things. I'm looking forward to the unveiling of Harry's plots, although I find his goals a little murky. Thanks for sharing.

matthew2c4u posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 4:08pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

Nice chapter man, big fan of this seires keep it up :)

The Midnight Poster posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 4:00pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

I must I'm really enjoying the story but it has sadden me to read that Hermione and Harry won't be a couple any more. I like the pairing because it was the first where the two women didn't also love each other too but you still manage to make it work. Oh well.

Kortir posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 3:23pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

Yaaaaaaay explosions! I want to see more :D

XD Fawlty Tower reference XDDDDDDD awesomeness!

Much love for this chapter. It's also nice to see things resolved in the relationship section, and the reasoning is very sensible. I'm glad they're still friends.

Looking forward to the next one!

Wolfric posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 2:58pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

I like the chapter; it's always fun to see Harry get some retribution on others since he gets dumped on with fair frequency. Most folks like to see their hero win a few rounds. That being said Harry needs to work on his relationships, when he can. Harry's funeral and will reading sound like fun. Thanks for writing. W.

Patches posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 2:27pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

What a surprise! Fudge finding the strength to commit suicide. Who would have thought he had the nerve. Harry is really racking up a lot of mayhem. How is he going to get away with all of this? I was really surprised when Hermione actually laughed when she and Harry broke up. That was really unexpected. I felt really sorry when I found out she had lost the baby but even more surprised when Harry decided that he didn't want Hermione to be the mother of his children. Really strange. The things Harry did at the funeral for Fudge was really strange. I love the scene with Ron, Fred and George. That was pure "twins"! I look forward to more of this story. Thanks for writing. pms

Bedrup posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 1:31pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

Lovely chapter.Just deserts for everyone. Think I ´m going to like this very much.

Joar posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 1:02pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

bummer ive been waiting for it to happen but I was hoping youd suprise me and bring em back together.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Great story but BOOOO for dumping Hermione

riegert8 posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 12:43pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

good chapter

Darkness posted a comment on Tuesday 1st July 2008 12:38pm for Cloudy, with a chance of freak explosions

I'm going to be frank: I found how Harry dealt with Hermione really distasteful. While I can understand his reasons, it doesn't take away that on top of the agony of having lost her baby, Harry(acting like an arrogant prick) so callously and cruelly breaks things off with Hermione. His thoughts in this chapter make it very hard to believe he still loves Hermione.