Content Harry Potter Crossovers

Reviews

Christopher Patton posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 12:18pm for And YOU want me to do what?

A previous comment by another reviewer brings another question to mind. One, does Harry know how to cast the Fidelius Charm? Two, can a basilsk be The Secret Keeper for the Fidelius Charm?

Since the basilisk is intelligent and can be communicated with, then the Chamber and it's contents are safe until the Secret Keeper dies or the charm is broken from the outside. Hmmm...

Just a thought, as it would keep Dumbledore and other future parselmouths out unless they were specifically given the knowledge.

Christopher Patton posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 11:52am for And YOU want me to do what?

Let me guess, all of the artifacts and the basilsk will be taking up residence in the Chamber of Secrets. So the geas will remain unbroken and the artifacts are still protected. Sweet...

Great chapter, it seems that Harry always manages to land in the pile face first no matter what.

It does seem like the relationship with Hermione may be over from all three characters perspectives. It be looking forward to seeing where and how that develops.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 11:23am for And YOU want me to do what?

Ok, is the pope in on it or not? It's certainly not JPII's style, but I don't know about Benedict.

I had wondered about Harry offering to take away the basilisk. Now he's going to take away everything and the basilisk. Boy, he likes pissing people off, doesn't he. Looking forward to the confrontation with Dumbledore when he finds out that Harry's sitting on a boatload of dark objects that the wizarding world wants to know about.

Great story! Love Ron here. Looking forward to more.

Tom A.

siaru posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 11:11am for And YOU want me to do what?

Oh, this should be fun. The original Basilisk was probably put in the Chamber by Salazar to protect the students and staff from the Church Militant. This one will probably be quite happy to take up the post, considering the offered retirement package. It's just too obvious for it to move there, considering your love of twists, but I suppose the irony is juicy enough to make up for the lack of Zab-style subtlety. Does this transshipment mean the Vatican will lose all its Mithraic spoils-of-war too? As ritual foci of a conquered competing religion, they must be considered evil too, right? And how many Hallows of Britain and of the Tuatha de Danaan are about to go back to their native soil for recharging? Looks like Rome is about to lose a good deal of its collected magical reservoir. Seems to me Harry should have a fedora and a bullwhip for this segment.

My kids loved having Apprentice Potter read to them for bedtime story. I'm sure that, once this arc is completed, they're going to love this one too. Meanwhile, I get to savor each chapter as it's refined and released. Thank you.

corwalch posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 8:55am for And YOU want me to do what?

I love it. Waldorf the idiot, just made it possible for Harry to steal all the evil aritfacts that the Church has. I look forward to reading the next installment.

Adam posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 8:48am for And YOU want me to do what?

this was fun, and I get the idea that the vatican will realise that backing harry into a corner is a bad idea lol.

So harry has a price on his head, oh well wonder who will try to collect on the bounty next.

I can see that hermione and blaise are getting along following hermione's blunder concerning harry :)

warpwizard posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 8:32am for And YOU want me to do what?

Very good stuff. Nice levels of ambiguity. Also fairly exciting. :)

I'm thinking that Harry should abscond with Basilisk and Dark paraphrenalia and create his own, supreme, cache of evil artifacts. Or just destroy all but one and move that one + Bask to the COS.

uthamm posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 8:02am for And YOU want me to do what?

Wow. Just . . . wow. Your work is always fantastic. This series and the 'Betrayal' series are two of my top five in the whole fandom. I love the Harry that you have created here - savvy and confident, dangerous but moral, mature but insecure, powerful but trustworthy, scheming but impulsive. I love the 'I wonder if this is how Slytherins always think' line and Ron the 'two-metre-plus Celtic berserker throwback' getting physical with the Malfoy throwback enemy was priceless. Thank you so much for taking the time to share your talent.

nigellusblack posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 7:40am for And YOU want me to do what?

Brilliant Chapter, can't wait to be read more.

kainboa posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 7:28am for And YOU want me to do what?

great chapter, can't wait to see what harry will have the huge snake do about the artifacts

keep up the great work :)

Eliew posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 7:26am for And YOU want me to do what?

Hmm...interesting battle Harry had against the bounty hunters, y guess would be that they were sent by the mafia. Is Harry going to persuade them to remove the bounty on his head?

As for the deal with the Basilisk, my guess would be that Harry getting everything transferred to some other location, together with the guardian, probably the Chamber of Secrets, or some other such places, since Harry currently doesn't really trust Dumbledore, unless he isn't going to let the headmaster knows about about the new Hogworts tenant.

amulder posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 7:09am for And YOU want me to do what?

That is really, really going to irritate Dumbledore. Putting a Basilisk BACK into the chamber of secrets?

I think the man might have a coronary.
Or at least lose his cool.

So what is up with Darius, Hmm? The man is on his way to an early retirement I'd say.

The plot is quite complex, I must say.

Banner posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 6:50am for And YOU want me to do what?

That was intense - exciting and intelligent. The characterizations and motivations were excellent. I love it when people have reasons (other than just being "the good guy" or "the bad guy.") The basilisk said that it had been down there for two thousand years. That's a very significant number, under the circumstances. Was it Peter who bound it?

Shawn Pickett posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 6:30am for And YOU want me to do what?

I can't wait to see what Harry has up his sleeve for this one. I expect Waldorf will be lucky to find himself living at the end of this. I found the situation with the Aurors to be somewhat amusing, I'm assuming that will blow over after a bit. I also find it to be an interesting gag how you manage to put off the inevitable Harry/Hermione confrontation. The funny part is, there really is nothing for it, as the situation stands now, the only feasible course Harry has in regards to Hermione is to break up with her (remember that Hermione is generally one of my favorite characters). The lack of trust she displayed in him with her read on Harry's actions towards Snape displays that their relationship is a failed one, they may remain friends, but for them to try to continue as something more would be a lie.

bratling posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 6:25am for And YOU want me to do what?

Need more, please!

Prince Charon posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 6:04am for And YOU want me to do what?

Very, very interesting. I like Harry's sense of irony.

Thank you for the update.

More soon, please.

Kinsfire posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 6:00am for And YOU want me to do what?

Why do I have this horrifying thought of the Vatican having to admit that their ENTIRE collection has gone missing? (More precisely, they'd claim that it was time and past to destroy them all, and send more wizards to hunt down and try to kill Harry. Again.)

I have a sneakling suspicion that Harry may have to pay a visit to Falcone personally and inform him that he will be next if he keeps sending people to try to kill him for his son's stupidity.

Actually, from what little I know of the Mafia in Italy and Sicily, there's a good chance that they'll start sending people covertly into England to go after Harry. A Mafia Don of Falcone's type can't let the death of his son go unpunished, so he'd start expanding his operations. And the Ministry is certainly corrupt enough to have almost the entire Auror Corp sell out to him.

Nice bit with the Pope giving himself plausible deniability there. And to kill to problems at the same time - the basilisk and Harry, the only person to break in and steal something. The situation with Waldorf was siomply too pat for it to have been anything but a set-up by His "Holiness".

As for Hermione in this relationship, unless Blaise starts showing some pretty ugly blemishes soon, it strongly appears that the romantic area has been rather neatly worked out. She explodes and does something stupid and then takes forever to try to apologise, then yells at him again in a letter, not understanding that perhaps he doesn't exactly have an idea of how to deal with her anymore. Meanwhile, Blaise comes across as righteously angry, with no real other faults coming to the fore. Now, the interesting thing would be if she tried to give Harry an ultimatum - "Either Hermione OR me - if she stays, I go." Given this Harry, I'd imagine that he'd take that as well as any of the other threats he's been given, and probably even politely show her to the door. Then SHE'D have to figure out how to repair the damage she'd caused, much like Hermione MIGHT be trying to do.

Sorry - these are just my thoughts on what I've been reading. This is an engrossing story, and I was rather pleased when I saw that the chapter was up. You do an excellent job, and I await all your stories eagerly.

DrT posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 5:34am for And YOU want me to do what?

Puir Harry -- and Waldorf is going to be in a great deal of trouble after this stunt goes wrong!

"T"

Finbar posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 5:21am for And YOU want me to do what?

Ya know, I love how casual Ron is about all the shit that goes on in Harry's life. He is just so laid back. A trip to Itally....cool... Assasins ater us? Ok, whats for lunch. Brilliant!
Now Harry is going to abscond with the entire Dark collection and stick it in the Chamber of Secrets! After all, All secret chambers need a Basilisk! *snickers* I wonder how the Pope will react? His top dog, betrayed him, has been issuing death threats and was now directly responsible for the guarded collection of Dark Artifacts that the Popes have guarded for 2 milenia, to be stolen. Not just that, stolen because it was proven that the Vatican CANNOT be trusted. I just hope that HAry is bright enough to place the entire Chamber of Secrets under the Fidelius Charm. Dumbledore simply isnt trustworthy enough to get access to whats down there. It should also make the Snake happy.

Wonderbee31 posted a comment on Friday 23rd February 2007 5:17am for And YOU want me to do what?

A great section, with Harry getting exposed to more politics, as well as the way that others react around him. Going to be interesting to see what he and the Basilisk come up with to keep it from dying, and how he and Waldorf will interact afterwards.