Content Harry Potter Crossovers

Reviews

hholidays posted a comment on Friday 14th July 2006 3:41pm

Excellent. I always get confused with time turners... but aside from the fact that they didn't have to wait an extra five hours, everything was pretty clear.

Great chappie.

Meteoricshipyards posted a comment on Friday 14th July 2006 10:58am

Great chapter. Wonderful bank robery; Only with a time turner could someone go to the bank to find out what had been stolen from him, and end up being the theif. Ron was an excellent accomplice.

Good job. I'm looking forward to more.

Tom A.

LoggingInSucksAss posted a comment on Friday 14th July 2006 5:45am

"Pinky, are you thinking what I'm thinking?"

Bwa-hahahahahaha!

The Resident posted a comment on Friday 14th July 2006 5:41am

A very interesting chapter. One retrieved Horcrux, one Gringotts robbery and lots of fun and excitement for one and all. Keep up the good work.

kelvin posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 9:59pm

My head hurts from reading time turner experience! I wont read that bit again except i know that harry and ron stolen whatever it was!

interesting chapter, had no idea that they stole the object themselves.

Evan Mayerle posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 8:23pm

*laughs* Now that was quite an installment. Here's hoping that's the right locker; it'd be a shame to have done all that for nothing.

Jayy posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 6:33pm

Time Travel! I love this entire chapter, especially stealing from Harry's own vault.

AK posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 6:26pm

hahahahaha, that's just great ;). Hum but then again he robbed himself... how strange eh?

Crys posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 4:26pm

Lots of interesting wizarding society info, there with the ancient goblin.

> Fast, blindingly fast, and bowel loosening.
> The trip back to the surface easily broke the existing record, whatever it was.
THAT kind of quiet joke is one of the kinds I like best. Kudos, Draco.

Hmm. I presume the jug was toasted by the dragon. Otherwise, it'll do its best to freeze the entire world, starting in the Gringotts catacombs.

Wait a minute, wait a minute. Harry was called to Gringotts "before" he was the cause of being called to Gringotts! How . . . But . . . *sigh* I hate time paradoxes. I feel a headache coming on. ;)

aemon_targaryen posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 4:13pm

I always enjoy your stories, and I really like fanfic cliches turned on their heads, such as Griphook just being a flunky in this chapter. I liked the re-integration of Ron into the storyline, and I think you've matured him appropriately-i.e., not too much. So many writers write Ron into something he's not, and I like your still-Quidditch-obsessed version as a natural extension of his character. I've always thought that introducing the Time-Turner was one of the worst thing JKR could have done, since it leaves the question-"well, why don't you use the Time-Turner to fix things?" I like that you kept your use of it understated though.

Thinking back a little bit, I kind of get the feeling that Snape isn't dead, and Dumbledore is still playing games, and that Hermione will end up looking pretty stupid after it all comes out. Even if he is dead though, I think she's still making a mistake.

Glad to see this story is still being worked on, and as always I look forward to reading more.

anonymous5 posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 3:27pm

Just barely easy enough to follow that I did, and plenty convoluted enough that I had to stop and think about it once or twice. Good show! I don't think I've ever seen a horcrux attainment pulled off quite this well before. Lovely.

jmcqk6 posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 3:02pm

Fricken Brilliant! That's was one of the most awesome chapters of any fanfiction I've ever read. Keep up the great work!

Mordecai posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 1:51pm

Why Griphook? Why, why why why why? There was no need for it, and all it does is give into one of the biggest cliches there, Harry meetign Griphook at Gringotts and recognising him.

Apart from that, not a bad chapter, though a tad boring.

Draco664 replied:

What's the biggest Griphook cliche in fanfiction? Griphook being made Harry's account manager.

Ever seen a fanfic where Griphook gets treated with the same contempt that the goblins treat humans?


amulder posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 1:08pm

Now, what would be fun, is if Harry would immediately go back to his Goblin account manager and tell the tale, much as you told it to us...

She'd get indignant, and probably want to have him arrested... he could point out that she was an accomplice, as she was the one who called him to the bank in the first place and told him about those vaults... and that nothing had in fact been stolen, which was good news for Gringotts, and his knowledge of the "breach" such as it was, would help them prevent future problems. Furthermore, messing with time was a dangerous thing, and really he had no choice but to fulfill the demans of fate place upon him. And neither did she.

Y'know, Draco, considering your rant in the forums the other day, and the inevitable comparisons to Heinlein that was made (him frequently also accused of believing what his protagonists believed) ... considering all that... this really is a bit of a "By His Bootstraps" chapter, don't you think??

(And in case that confused you, that is a very classic well known time loop paradox novella that was written by the Grand Master decades ago.)

best,
...art

Jim_xinu posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 11:24am

Awesome! Excellent chapter, had me laughing out loud repeatedly and shouting when I figured out who the thieves were.

Drake posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 10:17am

Oh man, even though Harry's problems aren't resolved you managed to write an exciting chapter, and at the same time leave Harry with more problems.

Master Slytherin posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 10:09am

Wonderful, absolutely wonderful. My favourite parts have to be the constant humour, it kept the whole thing alive and engaging. The constant American references were a little bothersome (but I suppose you can't help it) but overall, I loved how inventive you were with the capture of this horcrux. I look forward to your next chapter.

Kepp up the good work!

Ken Warner posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 8:46am

there are some convolutions to try and keep straight - great chapter, without the complications induced by x chromosome poisoning.
Nice slap down on Rons insensitivity about Blaise though.

thanks for some very entertaining reading
warmest regards

David M. Potter posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 8:33am

Bloody brilliant chapter mate! BRAVO!!! It was too funny. I do hope Hermoine gets off her bloody boat and ciiks off. Or warms up which ever is most suited.

Quizer posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 8:21am

LOL! Great chapter! Great job on the whole time turner thing. You made it work the same way as it works in book three. Too bad the ever-refilling jug didn't survive.
You were pretty mean to poor Griphook. A far cry from all those stories that turn him into Harry's account manager. But why do the goblins have nothing but contempt for Harry?
I liked your portrayal of Ron, even though I don't like Ron himself in particular. He does spout off a lot of stuff he should better keep to himself, even worse than Harry. Zab would have a field day with someone like Ron.
I'm a bit surprised you chose oxygen as the gas. Hydrogen would have worked well, even though the explosion would have been much larger, and would probably have consumed a lot of the oxygen in the cavern. Oxygen itself doesn't burn; it is used to burn other stuff. Depending on what is contained in dragon's breath, the explosion probably used only a small portion of the available oxygen. I'm not sure whether the jug would cause an oversaturation of oxygen in the air, but considering the temperature, it probably all went downwards, not affecting our heroes.

I'm looking forward to the next chapter. See you soon!

Quizer

Draco664 replied:

From what I've seen in canon, goblins have nothing but contempt for humans, at least those who aren't blindingly rich. It's a cliche that Harry is nice to one goblin, and is then accepted into the goblin fraternity as a VIP. He was treated with barely contained contempt by Rilifa, who feels that she shouldn't even be talking to him, so he treats other goblins the same way.

As for choosing Oxygen, I actually asked a half dozen kids who had just started secondary school what kind of gases there were, and only one could come up with something other than oxygen and carbon dioxide. Since Harry only has a muggle primary school education and carbon dioxide doesn't form a liquid...

Also, a powerful magical object was destroyed, right where stone was snap frozen and then flash fried. Who knows what would happen? I figure an explosion was just as likely as anything else.