Content Harry Potter Crossovers

Reviews

Kinsfire posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 6:32am

Excellent chapter.

Be prepared for all the reviews telling you that LOX doesn't explode, though. Trust me, you'll get sick of them. I know I did.

Draco664 replied:

Hitting a powerful magical item with dragon's breath does cause an explosion...

Anand posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 6:25am

That was a brillant chapter and a fantastic plot. Harry needed some good news after last chapter. I'm still not sure if Snape is really dead or if Albus is plotting again, but we shall see...

Meg posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 6:23am

Another great chapter that had me laughing aloud at parts!

Thanks,

Meg

Renzo7 posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 6:08am

lol, this chapter was hillarious... so funny. I swear my boss thinks I'm crazy right now... keep up the awesome work, and please update soon.

nonjon posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 5:53am

Excellent chapter. Best robbery of Gringotts I've ever seen.

In fairness I can only remember two others at the moment, but my assessment still stands.

And I like that Ron figured out how to get the broom back inside the vault while Harry just nodded and acted like he knew. Makes me wish Ron's coming along on some more adventures.

And if you were referring to Griselda Marchbanks when you mentioned the family "Marchibanks" there's no "i" in it. If it was a completely different family, then excellent. I'd hardly expect to know all the so-called "purebloods" especially when you consider globally and not just the U.K.

Keep 'em coming.

freakyfinger posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 5:25am

wow, you break into your own vault . . . how sad . . lol. What's gonna Happen between Harry/Hermione?

pedro_penduko posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 4:46am

Hope we see H/Hr back in the next chapter. And please some blaise too. Still enjoyed the chapter but I feel sorry for Harry. He should not loose Hermione. Especially because of Snape

Asad posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 4:09am

Just wanted to mention another thing... I felt that your point of view for the narration of the fic was kinda first person... I found it a bit odd considering every other fic I have read is usually in third person.

I sometimes had to go back and reread the sentence/paragraph to make it a bit more clear...

Asad posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 4:06am

Just read till here this afternoon and enjoyed it quite a lot after the 'rant' on the forums. I really don't think it is a matter of much concern and I stand by what I said in the thread: Ignore those who are too juvinile. They will go away... eventually.

I did enjoy the interactions between Harry and the Pope. The reference of a slytherin-ish Pope has quite a few possibilities which I am sure you will enjoy writing and we will enjoy reading. :)

Now I see you have another chapter up... gonna go read that...

brad posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 3:48am

Oh, I should also mention that I appreciated Harry's explanation of why Hermione left him. I'd commented last chapter that his "but we got away with it!" exclamation just seemed too artificial, too weird, too out of context, I couldn't understand it, it was just jarring. And I didn't quite understand why Hermione left him, I put it down to selfishness over the possible damage to her career.

It might have only been a single sentence on page 2, but a) a 'brain fart' (!) might be the very best way to explain why the hell he said what he said (frankly I still think there must be a better way to 'tune' the dialogue of that scene to get what you wanted but still make it more believable), and b) I now am happier in understanding the real reason why Hermoine left. She felt used; felt that Harry was 1) a killer, and 2) had deliberately and deceitfully used her in perpetrating his crime, manipulating her without her knowledge or consent. #2 is possibly the biggest reason why she felt so hurt, she felt betrayed by her lover and angry at the loss of control? Would you classify canon!Hermione, her desire for information, to know everything, as something of a control freak? I was too dim to pick up on (2) with the last chapter.

So I found that bit of recapitulation with Ron very useful and somewhat settling, actually. I'm still upset - worried - that Hermione would think so little of Harry regarding (1) above - she should know he's no killer! - but maybe she was so hurt by (2) she wasn't thinking straight. I hope. Because I do want to see them back together. Tell me I can look forward to a mushy - but written in the practical, tell-it-the-way-it-is style of Apprentice & Journeyman Potter - reunion in a future chapter?

Please?

(Wondering even if Blaise might - for the happiness of Harry, if he's moping - act as a catylst for same. And, being a Slytherin, hold it over Hermione as a favour owed. But now I'm just rambling)

brad posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 3:34am

Enjoyable time-travel romp! Plus it was good to see Harry's cameraderie with Ron, two mates in another adventure, swapping stories and all. A nice change from the luvey-duvey scenes we've had previously (although I enjoy those greatly, as you probably can tell from my previous comments).

But I've got to ask ... why exactly did Harry steal the box in the first place? Okay, I know the time-travel answer is "Harry stole the box because Harry stole the box", but, paradoxical cuteness to one side, why did he want to steal the box when he was the rightful owner and could just extract it legally? Was this a vault that he can only access when he is 25? I had a quick skim through again and couldn't see any (obvious) statement along those lines.

Actually, re-reading again, Rilifa states that the Regulus vault is one of Sirius's two *personal* vaults for which Harry has already 'obtained control'. So I'm really curious as to why Harry needed to steal his own property which he could have taken out at any time.

What happened to the never-empty jug? Was it destroyed? I was worried that Harry didn't summon it along with Ron and the box, but I guess it was the 'faint conjuration charm' that was reported by the Goblin forensics as being 'blown up inside'?

I've agreed with others that JKR made a mistake on bringing time travel into her universe. Don't get me wrong, this was a fun/good chapter, but in the greater scheme of things it introduces too many paradoxes for a 'serious', non science-fiction series. If I could have the choice of one super-power (and putting aside my own selfish desire for immortality or invulnerability - or the pure fun of flight) I'd pick control of time; maybe I've watched Bill & Ted too many times but time travel, handled intelligently, would make one invincible, I would think. Beat Voldemort using you-beaut magic spell XXX, then go back in time and tell yourself about XXX, whose true origin you never have to know outside the time loop.

Thanks for the chapter; I didn't have anything lined up to read tonight so it was great to get an update on one of my favourite stories!

Draco664 replied:

What sort of chapter would that be? Duh!

Actually, I did originally have a reason, but it became a paradox half way through writing the chapter, and I was enjoying the writing too much to go back and fix the premise.

So, the official answer is, because it is a better story this way...

;)

Ike posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 12:29am

Fantastic chapter! I can't wait for more

mjc posted a comment on Thursday 13th July 2006 12:17am

Superb...wonderful...fantastic

Goddessa posted a comment on Wednesday 12th July 2006 11:30pm

Hey, this is hilarious! So, all this happened because of a fluke with a time turner. Boy, if Hermione hears, she's either gonna laugh like crazy or bug them out.

Alex00 posted a comment on Wednesday 12th July 2006 10:05pm

Great work.

AzureSky posted a comment on Wednesday 12th July 2006 10:01pm

LOL excellent chapter.

Chia posted a comment on Saturday 8th July 2006 10:24pm

I can truly say that ur fanfics are some of the best i've read.

Something interesting is that ur story reminded me that HP shows some realities that are resent in our world. For example, the fact that it's human nature to criticized and attack that which differs from our point of view, degrade that which challenges our beliefs, and If we don't agree then it is unconceivable that someone else does, u know kind of the way the purebloods act.

Look, I'm a Catholic and to me all of the suble jokes that some ppl found hilarious were actually insulting to others. For example, the one of ow can we ask advice about our sex life... u might see it that way when I see it as being reminded of the sanctity of marriage and life, but that's b/c I'm naive and stupid right? Or calling power-hungry a man who I, like thousand of other young ppl, saw as a grandfather, a man who just watching him laugh like a small child in a video makes my heart fill wth joy, a man who forgave the man who tried to killed him, a man whose kindness was great that he had billions of ppl praying for him in his last moments on this earth.

I don't expect u to change ur views on the catholic church, i don't exoect to change anybodies view. I just wanted u to be aware that ppl can be offended when u belittle their faith, their beliefs and u call them stupid for thinking that way, and plz do not say that's not what u meant, plz don't challenge my intelligence any more than u alreay have.

I really like the story, but could u plz tell me if the catholic bashing continues in the rest of the story.

I really do love ur stories and i think ur a gr8t writer.

Chia

PS: I really hope u understand what i'm tryng to say.

Draco664 replied:

Thank you for your review, and its polite tone, even though you were obviously offended by what was in the fic.

I will try to keep my reply civil as well, even though this is about the hundredth time I've had to say this.

My views are not equal to my Harry's views. And vice versa.

This is a work of fiction. I have developed an already existing character, one who has never had exposure to any religion at all, and as such sees the traditions of the Catholic church in a simplistic and childish way, rather than understanding why they exist, and what purpose they serve.

Now, can you accept that the thoughts of a character in a work of fiction are not those of the author? If so, keep reading, and enjoy. If not, please stop reading now, and never pick up a book again.

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Saturday 8th July 2006 5:05am

Agh....what a couple of days for harry, what a dumb ass response from him but typical about snape, hopefully harry adn herms can work this out after she has some time alone. Great job on dumbles letter to harry and I think that may help that relationship a bit and cheers for blaise for her great talk with harry! Keep up the awesome work!

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Saturday 8th July 2006 4:56am

Ahhhhh now that was a hell of a chapter there. Great job on hermione's reaction to harry's not sending the owl and then the stuff afterwards was great especially blaise's response...hehehel. Excellent work on the adventure at hogwarts and how you setup the next chapter. Cheers!

atlantis-rob posted a comment on Saturday 8th July 2006 4:48am

Woot! Darn excellen5t chapter D. Really enjoyed harry's escapades upon the pope and co, especially his response to meeting the pontiff and what he revealed to them. Excellent job on his dealing with dumbles. The end bit was very cute and amusing! Can't wait to hear how he tries to explain this to the ladies! hahahah!